Potassium sulfate is an inorganic compound of the chemical formula K2SO4. It is also known by other names such as sulfate of potash , archanite, Sulfuric acid dipotassium salt.
Potassium sulphate is a white crystalline solid which is colorless, odorless. It readily dissolves in water. K2SO4 has a density of 2.66 g/ml. It is a high melting solid (mp = 1069 °C ) and has high boiling point (bp = 1689 °C) too.
CAS number : 7778 – 80 – 5
Chemical formula : K2 SO4
Molecular Weight : 174.25 g/mol
Packaging : 25/50 kg bags, HDPE polyliner inside
Storage : Tightly closed containers
Uses and applications
- Predominantly used as fertilizer for crops like tobacco, some fruits and vegetables
- Used as salt subsitute
- Used in soda blasting
- Used in production of dyes and pigments
- Used in manufacturing of ceramics and glass
- Used in the production of gypsum board
- Used as a flash reducer in artillery propellant charges